welcome, and thank you for joining me on my farm and studio in southern lancaster county, pennsylvania
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Monday, September 14, 2009

rainfall

For those of you who couldn't make it to the show, I'll be posting images of some of that work here in the next few weeks. I hope to continue this, posting images of new work as it is finished. There is so much in my head begging to be let out that sometimes I hardly know where to start. But what with the big push to get everything completed in time for the show, it seems I'm now back in creation mode - the long drought over.
And so here we have "Rainfall"...
Still in his shell and refusing to come out and face the world, this little guy is hunched in his nest and seeking protection from the elements with a rather flimsy umbrella. All within a glass cabinet, as though preserved like a specimen.

I sort of like the whole specimen concept. I may have to pursue this further... more little cabinets, more odd vignettes.

At Diddywopps & Keeffers gallery in Monkton, MD.

No comments: